Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Mmm... Cookies!

I love cookies. Girl Scout cookie time doesn't come around often enough. I love eating Papa Murphy's cookie dough straight from the container with a spoon; that dough never gets baked into actual cookies! Because I know my cooking weaknesses (making gravy, for one) I can honestly say that I make really yummy cookies. One of my favorite recipes is for the chocolate chip cookies pictured below. Enjoy!

Mrs. Field's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla
8 oz. chocolate chips

Directions:
Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Sift together dry ingredients. Add to creamed mixture; mix well. Place golf-ball sized portions 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. *I usually add walnuts before baking. Delicious!

2 comments:

Jess said...

YUM YUM...enough said :)

Although I will add, "Famous Amos" frozen cookie dough is my favorite to consume raw...never gets baked, either :)

mikbeth said...

Oh, your blessed cookies!! I thought of those on my birthday this year and how they made the perfect "birthday cake" last year for our trip.
Hmm, I seriously need to go make some. Because now that you've mentioned them, I will be dreaming about them every night until I get to eat some!! Yum!!