Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Steak Strips with Spaghetti

This is one of my top 5 favorite recipes to make for my family. I have some pretty great dinner recipes so "top 5" means this one is awesome.

Look good? It tastes better than it looks!

Steak Strips with Spaghetti


1 medium onion
1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1 1/2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into strips
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1 cup water
1/4 tsp. salt-free seasoning blend
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Hot cooked thin spaghetti

In a nonstick skillet, sauté onion and green pepper in butter until tender; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, brown beef; drain. Add tomato sauce, water, seasoning blend, thyme, pepper, and vegetables. Cover and simmer 20-30 minutes or until steak is tender. Add mozzarella and heat until cheese is melted. Serve over spaghetti. Serves 6.

*A couple of chef notes: I leave out the onions. I prefer to cut my green pepper in large chunks to saute it. That way, the kids can pick them out more easily and give them to me! Also, I don't simmer the peppers, I put them in at the end with the cheese.



0 comments: