Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

My Friend

Kendra's family moved into the house directly across the street from mine when I was only 3 or 4 years old. As little girls we'd have tea parties with our Cabbage Patch Kids, sleep-overs in the back yard, and pretend weddings with the neighbor boys. I remember, as teenagers, staying out late on countless summer nights talking and laughing together.

Here are a few of the reasons I love Kendra:

She's genuine in all she does.

She's beautiful.

Her smile and laugh are infectious. Sometimes I call her if I'm down because I always hang up the phone smiling.

"What's Up Doc?"

She's a wonderful wife and mother to her 2 sweet children. An example to all women of how we should live our lives.

And she's my dear friend.

Happy Birthday Kendra!

3 comments:

Dane said...

I remember Kendra! She was always so nice to me, even though I was in the younger grades. Happy Birthday!

Wendy said...

Lynzee! I just came across your blog, it's nice to see what your family has been up to. (Also nice to see some old pics of Ken :)
We were in St. Louis a couple years ago, just long enough to check out the arch, the court house and the Basilica... it seems like a great place to live.
Say "hi" to Micah for me, and your kids are so cute!
Wendy

breymom said...

I always admired both of you! That is neat you were such close friends for so long, I never new! I'm glad you posted your blog link it's fun to read about old friends.